Definitely on a lighthearted roll this week after the intensity of the NAMM Show over the past 10 days or so, with a smile-inducing piece on baby DJs, and Daft Punk uncovered (and their DJ booth deconstructed).
On a more serious note, there’s a great article on harmony for budding producers, and some good news for those of you who use last.fm as a music discovery too. Read on…
- Your Baby Is Worthless If It Isn’t A DJ – Vice magazine unearths the underground nursery where young hipsters crawl up to the 1s and 2s… Read more
- Understanding Harmony: Part 1 – Really nice introduction to a difficult music theory area for beginners to grasp, from Tuts+ Read more
- Daft Punk Secretly Photographed Without Their Helmets After The Grammys – Yes folks, there are real people under those helmets, as revealed by In The Mix Read more
- Inside Daft Punk’s DJ Booth At The Grammys – Meanwhile, DJTechTools (sort of) shows what went on behind that DJ booth… Read more
- Last.fm Adds Spotify Streaming – I’ve always found the (struggling) last.fm service great for discovering new artists, and now with full Spotify streaming it may yet have its day in the sun Read more
- NAMM 2014 – Closing Thoughts From The Show Floor – Only a few bits and pieces you won’t have got from our own coverage, but a wonderful photo gallery from the boys from DJWorx Read more
Have a great weekend, and keep an eye here some time next week for a very big change at Digital DJ Tips…
Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments below.