In today’s Friday Roundup, see which artists you definitely can’t get away with remixing/featuring in your mix on SoundCloud, get the lowdown on how A-Trak makes an impression in even the most EDM superstar-packed festival lineups, and learn how simply removing junk from your DJ area can make you more prolific. All these and more in our weekly roundup of the best DJ bits from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Don’t Remix These Artists! – These artists don’t want you messing with their tunes at all, according to Do Androids Dance. Prepare for that instant RIAA takedown the second you upload to SoundCloud… Read more
- A-Trak On Festival Scratching – DJCity finds out how he sets himself apart from the growing throng of “me-too” DJs Read more
- Three Steps To Being A Really Productive DJ – Productivity for DJs, or why you need to mix daily. If you’re stuck in a creative rut, then you really need to check this Beatport blog article out… Read more
- Zen And The Art Of DJing – More productivity stuff, this time from Traktor Tips. How simply clearing your DJ area can give improved focus on what matters: The music Read more
- Gain Attention ASAP: Make A Remix – These days, remixes aren’t just pieces of music; they’re marketing and promotion tools. JustGo shows you how to leverage them to gain more listeners Read more
- Twitter Tips From The Best In The Biz - Give your Twitter a rocket boost with some great ideas from these top artists, via Music Think Tank Read more
- How NOT To Use Social Media – Make sure you aren’t this guy in your online accounts! Amusing YouTube video… Watch it
- 14 Summer Essentials - Evoke the Summer Solstice wherever you are in the world with this smattering of sun-drenched tropical tunes, via EDM Sauce Read more
Share your thoughts on these articles in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!