In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out some DJs who prove disabilities mean nothing when you’re chasing your dream; learn why DJing is all about taking risks and pushing yourself harder to get better; and a chance to get some music production fundamentals down. All these and more in our weekly roundup of the best from around the DJ web. Work officially stops now, folks!
- Two Inspiring Stories On DJs With Disabilities – These two DJs – featured over on DJ Tech Tools – spin despite their physical disabilities. Get motivated by them and quit making excuses about not meeting your own DJ goals! Read more
- Beef Up Your Email Marketing – Digital DJ Tips writer D-Jam gets interviewed by The Deejaypreneur and gives nuggets of marketing and promotion advice that all of us DJs could use Watch it
- A-Trak: Why DJs Need To Take Risks – A-Trak takes a stand for what he calls #RealDJing. Find out exactly what he means, courtesy of In The Mix Read more
- Is It Ever OK For DJs To Throw Cake? – Dim Mak head honcho and manic party producer Steve Aoki explains himself and his antics. The Daily Beast gives him the (lengthy) platform to do so Read more
- Why You Have To Work Harder To Stand Out From The Crowd – Eliminate the competition by working hard on increasingly harder things. Dubspot philosophises Read more
- Learn Your History: Progressive House – Trace the roots of progressive house music by taking a retrospective of the influential 90s sound. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- A Beginner Producer’s Guide To Groove – Resident Advisor eases us into a comprehensive lesson on electronic music rhythm Read more
- 3D Printed Controllers Become A Reality – Is this the future for controllerists and DJs? Some appear to think so Read more
What factors stop you from achieving the level of DJ success that you’ve been dreaming of? Do you work on improving your skills progressively through more difficult DJ techniques, or are you content with taking the easy path? Feel free to comment on any of these articles in our comments section below.