Wow, what a week that was! I’m just back at the studio from Amsterdam Dance Event, in a week that also saw Digital DJ Tips launch The DJ Test and the Rock The Dancefloor! book. Check ’em out… but also check out the stuff from around the web that’s been hot on our browsers this week:
- Martin Garrix World’s Best DJ, Says DJ Mag – Christmas must be close, as the traditional DJ Mag Top 100 poll is in, for anyone who cares enough to argue about it… Read More
- PiDeck makes a USB stick into a free DJ player, with turntables – Strictly for the geeks (if you don’t know what a Raspberry Pi is, look away now…), but if you’re still reading, you’ll like this. From CDM Read more
- 7 Things I Wish I’d Been Told About Releasing Music – Thinking of making a track? Get some hindsight from those who know. Via Music Think Tank Read more
- Digital Metering Explained: Peak vs RMS – On the other hand, if you’re half-way through making your first track, here are some beginner tips for getting your metering right at the mixing stage., via Dubspot Read more
- Controltablism – What Might Happen If Controllerism & Turntablism Met – It’s gonna need a better term, that’s for sure! More geeky stuff for those who like to get technical in their DJing. DJWorx has the story Read more
- The Unlikely Rise Of FL Studio, The Internet’s Favourite Production Software – A bit like Virtual DJ is to the DJ software world against Serato and Traktor, FL Studio has never quite achieved the recognition of programs like Ableton Live or Logic… but it is still used by millions. Thump has its story Read more
Let us know your thoughts on any of these stories in the comments below. Have a great weekend!