So you got a DJ controller for Christmas. That's awesome - welcome to the big, wide world of digital DJing. You've come to the right place to get started, as we are the world's biggest digital DJ training site, with everything you could possibly need to get going.
Here's what you should do right away:
- Join Digital DJ Tips - It's free, you get our 2017 gear guide just for joining, and also regular emails from the biggest DJ training site in the world, meaning you'll always be up to date with the digital DJ world from today onwards
- Take the DJ Test - Again, it's free, and it'll give you your own unique "DJ score". Once you get that, you'll get a downloadable personalised training plan based on your results, and a set of five videos by me, Phil Morse, founder of this site, to help you improve - fast!
- Buy the book - Our Amazon best-selling book "Rock The Dancefloor: Five Proven Steps To DJing Success" is the perfect companion for anyone wanting to move from beginner to regular gigging DJ. Take a look, if only to read the reviews...
- Meet the Community - We have a friendly, busy and fun community over on the Digital DJ Tips Forum. Come and say hello! This is a great place to ask questions and get help with anything you may be struggling with
- Buy one of our Foundation Courses - We have two courses aimed at complete beginners like you, called How To Digital DJ Fast and Music Production For DJs. We assume you know nothing, and will get you to your first gig or have your first tune finished in four weeks flat - guaranteed
We've got over 130,000 members, and one thing we've figured out is that although the world of DJing can appear confusing to beginners, it's those who take part and "lean in" who work it out fastest and go the furthest. So don't be shy - we don't bite, and we can't wait to get to know you.
To reiterate: Don't click away from here without doing at least one of the things above - I promise you it'll prove to be the start of something special for you. And once again, welcome!