Digital DJ Tips, the world's leading website and online training school for DJs, is looking for a Blog Editor to join its growing team.
This is a full-time executive position. Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, our team is worldwide - so you can be anywhere in the world, as long as your usual eight-hour working day has at least a four-hour overlap with the hours of 8am to 4pm GMT.
- Hitting traffic targets for the Digital DJ Tips blog through conceiving, planning, and managing editorial to a high standard, including news items, articles, features, reviews, interviews and regular items
- Nurturing and managing contributors, and finding talented new contributors to help grow the blog
- Working closely with managers of other departments to incorporate their editorial requirements into the editorial calendar
- Sub-editing all editorial, including sourcing pictures/graphics, writing headlines/captions etc.
- Writing key articles, including product reviews
- Attending DJ shows as both a reporter and video reporter
- Ensuring editorial adheres to company core values
- QA of editorial emails to our members
- Building a team to support company growth projections
Requirements for the role:
- Deep passion for and expertise in music, DJing and DJ/producing, and a proven ability to write well about these subjects
- Experience in running a commercial, high-traffic, content-driven blog
- An ability to both write and manage the writing of online articles day-in, day-out
- Online sub-editing experience
- An ability to "extract the story" from PR and other news and to reframe such material to bring forward the interests of our readers
- A willingness to do everything possible to ensure we bring breaking DJ news to our audience faster and better than any other websites do
- Ability to review DJ products, including being on camera in video reviews
- Experience in building and managing a team of people, to help meet our medium term goals
- Comfortable with and experienced in working remotely and independently
Salary band available upon application, salary offered will depend on experience, to be invoiced on a contractural basis (ie as an LLC, sole trader, etc). Paid holiday and benefits package included.
Please send your CV as an email attachment with your covering letter as the email body, subject "Blog Editor position", addressed for the attention of Steve Canueto, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Back to Careers Home