OMG, we’re REALLY excited about this month’s Creative Uses for Old CDs. Not only do we get to make a hovercraft, which means we find another use for one of those crappy old CDs we don’t DJ with any more since going digital, but we also get a BRILLIANT video explaining how to do it!
Wait, wait, it gets better. It works with old vinyl too, and to introduce this fantastic twist, Rachel, the presenter of the video says: “Here’s one I prepared earlier… 20 years earlier, in fact!” LOVE IT!
Sorry, we’ll calm down. If you’re a written instructions kind of person, here they are, couretsy of the obviously brilliant Questacon website:
What you need:
- Old CD
- Pop-top lid from a drink bottle
- Craft glue
How to do it:
- Close the pop-top lid and glue the base so the lid covers the hole in the centre of the CD
- Blow up a balloon and pinch the neck so that no air can escape
- Stretch the neck of the balloon over the pop-top
- Place the CD hovercraft on a bench top and push it. How far does it move?
- Open the pop top lid and push the hovercraft. How far does it move this time?
Excellent stuff, and thanks once again to Questacon for the whole shebang. Digital DJ Tips salutes you.