We’re all off to a top London club for the weekend, to do some behind-the-scenes interviews and filming for our forthcoming Digital DJ Masterclass video course – but on the way out the door we’ve brought together a great big pile of hot news from the DJ & music world for you.
There’s a Hardwell gig that shows what happens when you pack 10,000 (many underaged) teenagers into a venue, scientific studies on where people comment on SoundCloud tunes (really), Seth Troxler on the art of DJing… and much more. Read on, and see you on the other side!
- “Disaster Zone” Outside Hardwell Gig – More than 100 clubbers treated by paramedics for the effects of alcohol and, in some cases drugs, at a concert in Belfast, reports the BBC Read more
- SoundClouders Love Commenting On The Drop In Dubstep Songs – Evolver has some amusing and interesting research looking at where people leave comments on SoundCloud tracks, with particular reference to dubstep… Read more
- Pacemaker DJ App Mixes Spotify with iPad – Create Digital Music has a full hands-on of what could be a revolutionary DJ app Read more
- Seth Troxler On Growing Up In Detroit & The Art Of DJing – The Visionquest founder tells FutureMusic about his technique and formative influences – and why talented DJs often fail Read more
- Five Reasons SoundCloud With Major Label Music Could Be Amazing – building on the story we broke last week, Evolver fleshes out why this could be a huge move… Read more
Want to comment on any of these stories? feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.