We’ve just finished a full week’s filming with DJ Angelo, making a whole new module for our Scratching For Controller DJs course – he’s an inspirational guy and it’s been a hell of a lot of fun (see pic). Meanwhile, of course, in our downtime we’ve all been doing our usual web trawling for interesting stuff, and here’s some of the stories we’ve found this week, including a top tip from DJ Angelo himself…
- Size Matters: How Long Is Your DJ Set? – How long should a DJ set be? What can happen in an eight hour set that can’t in a two hour set? Here’s some interesting ideas Read more
- Big Room House Tutorial – This is a wind-up from SoundCloud aimed at DJ/producers making the current “big room” house sound. Just for fun, folks! Read more
- DJ Flip Can Mix Anything Into Anything – Well almost, anyway. Angelo’s tip is the YouTube channel of DJ Flip from Dublin, who is a true open-format DJ, as you’ll see… Go To Playlist
- How Much Does It Cost To Buy Your Way Into The Beatport Charts? – To find out, In The Mix got in touch anonymously with a “dance music marketing” company offering the track-buying service Read more
- Understanding Performance Rights Organisations & Music Royalties – First in a series from Dubspot covers ASCAP, BMI and SESAC – Read more
What do you think of any of this week’s stories? Spotted anything else online you’ve found worth sharing? Let us know below!