In this week’s Friday Roundup of the “best of the rest”, find out some of the things that don’t make you a better DJ, read some great interviews (Todd Terry and Laidback Luke), and learn how to set up a great-sounding practice room. All of that and much more is below. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 10 Things That Don’t Actually Make You A Better DJ – A list of myths you’re better off not believing, compiled by the Passionate DJ website Read more
- Laidback Luke Gets In Your Face – The Dutch deck wizard lays it bare in this tell-all interview with Thump Read more
- Tomorrowland: A Primer – Get the lowdown on the biggest festival on the face of the planet. The BBC has it Read more
- Can EDM Songs Become Classics? – Will triplets, buildups, and breakdowns join a musical pantheon occupied by crooners, guitar slingers, and folk activists? NoisePorn gives us their two cents Read more
- Groove Philosophy With Todd Terry – Take a stroll through the house legend’s mind and get front row seats to his DJ mindset clinic in this Thump exclusive Read more
- Warning: Hard drives do fail… – It’s the harsh truth digital DJs face on a daily basis. Here’s a failsafe method for backups from Traktor Tips Read more
- Cheap Ways To Make Your Practice Room Sound Great – Some basics on getting your DJ room (or bedroom) sounding its best from tutsplus Read more
- Harmony For Dummies – Get started producing your own sweet-sounding tunes with this handy cheatsheet from DJ Techtools Read more
- The Best Worst DJs In The World – If there’s a Top 100, then you’ve got to have a Bottom 100. Inthemix brings us the trolls! Read more
How about discussing these articles with other readers? Go ahead and leave a comment below!