It’s a brand new month, and in this week’s Friday Roundup we have DJ Pierre drawing a line that traces modern day electronic music all the way back to Chicago in the 1980s; an in-depth interview on what keeps Skrillex going beyond the Grammy nods and sold-out shows; some gig and self-promotion tips; as well as the 10 most Shazamed tracks from Tomorrowland. The weekend’s here!
- Back To The Phuture: DJ Pierre On Acid – DJ Pierre traces EDM, trance, and techno’s roots to a single key element: Acid. Fader has the exclusive interview Read more
- Skrillex On Whjat It’s Like To Be A DJ Superstar – Awards and stadium shows don’t keep you young; creativity does. Skrillex dishes to Complex his version of the fountain of youth Read more
- From Bedroom To “Booked” – A step-by-step guide to promoting your first gig by DIY Musician, that works just fine for DJs too Read more
- Denon MC6000 mk2 Gets Serato’s Whole Nine Yards – Full Serato DJ, along with DVS-ready status, comes to the flagship controller. DJ Worx has the story Read more
- Simple Mix Techniques: The Stop & Drop – Dubspot’s tutorial on this quick transition skill. Extremely useful, especially for open-format DJs Watch it
- Faking It Even After You Make It? – DJ legend Erick Morillo calls out superstar “pop” DJs who “do nothing” behind the decks. NY Daily News has it Read more
- How To Make The Most Of The Speakers You Already Have – Cash-strapped for high-end loudspeakers? This speaker guide from Thump helps you squeeze every ounce of audio juice from your current pair Read more
- Don’t Be Annoying When Yuo Self Promote – Rules of the self-promotion game if you don’t want to be that annoying guy on social media. Beatsmedia runs them down for us Read more
- Tomorrowland In 10 Tracks – Beatport presents the 10 most Shazamed tracks from this year’s Belgian mega-festival Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the comments section below.