It’s a milestone week for us here at Digital DJ Tips: Our free Scratching For Controller DJ training has broken all records, with over 20,000 people watching the videos in just two days! (Not seen them? Catch up here).
Meanwhile, in this week’s Friday Roundup, take a look at 10 innovations that Pioneer brought to modern DJing, get some gig promotion and marketing tips, and check out just how often your favourite DJs take selfies. The weekend’s here, have a safe one folks!
- 10 Ways Pioneer Changed DJing Forever – The ubiquitous CDJ didn’t get inside every festival headliner’s booth without reason. Mixmag takes us through the inventor Pioneer’s 10 best DJ innovations Read more
- Be A Better DJ: Listen More Effectively – Cleaning your ears can only get you so far! Producer Peter Van Hoesen tells us something all DJs need to hear: There’s a better way to listen. XLR8R has the story Read more
- DIY Your Own Scratch Record With Serato Flip – The Serato team has come up with some pro tips for making your own edits and scratch tools over at the Serato blog Read more
- Tiësto Talks Deep House – Is the big room king digging deep for a new sound? Inthemix gets an exclusive interview with the jetset superstar Read more
- How I Play: Ean Golden – Want to see how a purist controllerist plays house and techno? Check out how DJ Techtools’s Ean Golden gets the job done Read more
- Pioneer DDJ-SX2 DJ Controller Walkthrough – Check out this hands-on exclusive with the upcoming Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Serato DJ Controller from our friends at DJ Worx Watch it
- Why DJ Gig Flyers Still Matter – Sure, everything’s online now, but a real world, printed flyer speaks volumes about you as a promoter. DIY Musician gives us six reasons why Read more
- Growing Your E-mail List 101 – While the social media landscape can change in the blink of an eye, e-mail is the closest thing the internet has to “forever”. Grow your list with these tips from DIY Musician Read more
- 10 Reasons Why Pornhub Records is a Great Idea – Electronic music in an adult film? If funk and jazz did it in the 70s, why can’t dance music in 2014? Do Androids Dance gives us its two cents Read more
- DJs On Instagram – “OMG, those multimillion dollar, champagne-spraying dudes are just like us!” Check them out on Thump Read more
- Hot New EDM DJ: “It’s Not About The Gear!” – Watch DJ Kalan (kalan means stove in Filipino) aka “Stove Aoki’s” fiery dual-deck routine on EDM Sauce Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in this roundup (or post your own kitchen appliance performance) in the comments section below. And don’t forget your free video scratch training!