In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out some EDM acts that know more than a thing or two about playing real instruments (none of them are in DJ Mag’s Top 10, by the way), tips from Afrojack on how to get winning in life, and a young Tiesto making his TV debut spinning – gasp – real vinyl! It’s all here in our weekly muster of DJ bits and pieces from around the web. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 10 EDM Acts That Don’t Just Press Play – Not all electronic dance music is sequenced in the studio to be dropped on a pair of CDJs or from Ableton. Check out artists who can really perform live, in EDM Sauce’s list Read more
- DJ Mag Analyses Its Own Top 100 – The often controversial list of the world’s most popular DJs gets nitpicked by the poll maker itself. Learn what DJ Mag has to say about the current state of the dance music industry Read more
- Paris Hilton Makes More Money In An Hour Than Many Will In a Lifetime – As if the wealthy heiress needed more money! The Guardian reports just how much Paris Hilton makes as a DJ. Prepare for extreme jealousy Read more
- Afrojack Shares His Success Secrets – A globetrotting millionaire DJ under 30 years old? Like him or hate him, his advice for “making it” shows how things are today. Forbes has it Read more
- Create Build Ups In Traktor’s Remix Decks – Add this cool technique to your arsenal of Traktor Remix Deck tricks. Traktor Tips shows us how Read more
- Learn To Use Sticker Lock In Serato DJ – The upcoming update to Serato DJ (1.7.2) will include this “Easter egg” as an official feature. Check out how it can help you nail those blazing fast scratch routines over at the Serato blog Read more
- Should I Take Remixes And Mashups Seriously? – Remixes and mashups are currency in today’s DAW-based, laptop-wielding bedroom producer landscape. Read Noiseporn’s opinion on them Read more
- Tiesto’s Televised Throwback – Remember when Tiesto was pushing trance really hard in the late 90s? If you don’t, let Dancing Astronaut take you back to those glowstick-swinging, pacifier-grinding days! Watch it
Want to comment on any of these articles? Feel free to do so in the section below.