In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve found for you an interview with A-Trak where he waxes zen on the need for balance in the DJ world, an article on how to grow your Instagram followers, and a collection of some of the most inane DJ requests we’ve come across. They’re all here in our weekly muster of news and tidbits from around the DJ web. Have a safe weekend!
- A-Trak On Celebrity DJs – A-Trak shares his thoughts and his “live and let live” philosophy when it comes to DJ celebrities. Dancing Astronaut has the interview Watch it
- Are You Still Angry With Paris Hilton? – Same theme: Whose fault is it really that Paris Hilton gets to DJ for millions of dollars? Here’s a piece on why you shouldn’t “hate the player”, and instead “hate the game”, from DJ Worx Read more
- Wearable Tech May Finally Give DJs Legitimate Reason To Put Their Hands Up – Ever felt like today’s DJs do nothing but throw their hands in the air? Thanks to a new device, they may now have a good reason (or excuse) to, according to Mixmag (oh, and if this all making you sigh, try the Wunderground take) Read more
- Pioneer’s PLX-1000 Turntable Reviewed – DJ Techtools takes Pioneer’s turntable offering for a spin. Is it as good as a trusty Technics 1200? Read on to find out Read more
- Grow Your Instagram Following – Here are some tips to get you started attracting more likes and followers on Instagram to promote your DJing. DIY Musician has it Read more
- The Best Ableton Live Controllers Available Right Now – MusicRadar has rounded up nine of the most popular Midi controllers for Ableton Live Read more
- This Guy Has Been Collecting All Your Embarrassing DJ Requests – The headline says it all, and the best ones are on display in this piece from THUMP Read more
- 11 Things You Shouldn’t Do At A Festival – Some basic EDM etiquette. We all know we need more than 11, but hey, it’s a start! NoisePorn has the list Read more
Want to comment on any of the articles above? Feel free to do so in the section below.