Christmas is right around the corner, and we hope you’re all having a great holiday season so far. In this week’s Friday Roundup, Beatport lists its Top 20 artists, tracks, and music genres for the year, there’s a solid hands-on review of the new Pioneer XDJ-1000, and a piece on the common tie that binds unsuccessful musicians (don’t make this same mistakes, folks!). It’s all here in our weekly muster of DJ news and bits from around the web. Happy holidays, everyone!
- Beatport’s Top 20 Of 2014 – The dance music store giant has just released its Top 20 rundown of artists, songs, and genres for the year. Check it out at the Beatport blog Read more
- 25 Artists To Watch In 2015 – Dancing Astronaut shortlists the next big things in dance Read more
- Pioneer XDJ-1000 Reviewed – Chris Brackley over at DJ Techtools takes Pioneer’s brand-new “CD-less CDJ” for a spin in this in-depth review Read more
- House 101: A Crash Course – Get a quick dose of house music history and learn the genre’s defining characteristics in this article from Crossfadr Read more
- The One Thing Every Failed Artist Has In Common – The title says it all, and it’s not what you think (eg lack of money, no record label deal, greedy managers, etc). Hypebot has the answer Read more
- Trigger Saved Loops In Serato DJ – The latest version of Serato DJ (v1.7.2) lets you save up to eight loops in a song for triggering during a performance. Find out how to do that over at the Serato blog Read more
Want to comment on any of the articles in this roundup? Feel free to do so in the comments section below.