Pssst! Did you get your first DJ gear on Christmas day? If you’re a first time digital DJ, start here: Check out this article from last year to get your digital DJing off on the right track.
In this week’s festive Friday Roundup, we’ve got a video for you from a winter reveller who’s synced his entire Christmas lights display to the tune of a certain late 90s trance classic; a piece on the significance of a proper DJ name; and a look at how some DJs are spending their holidays away from the DJ booth. These and more are all here in our weekly muster of news and bits from around the DJ web! Merry Christmas, everyone!
- Christmas Lights Make Sandstorm An Even More Epic Treat – This guy’s Christmas display is testament that a 15 year old track can bang as hard as any EDM floorfiller out there today. Pedestrian has the video Watch it
- Here’s How Your Favorite DJs Are Celebrating the Holidays – THUMP asks a handful of DJs how they’re spending the Christmas season Read more
- How Important Is Your Choice Of DJ Name? – While an awesome DJ name certainly doesn’t make you an awesome DJ, a poorly-chosen one can rub off on your image and tarnish your brand. Check out why a proper handle is vital in this piece from Attack Read more
- CNN Examines EDM’s Success – The news network goes behind the scenes and speaks with EDM luminaries Tiesto, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, and others to explore what caused the genre’s meteoric rise to worldwide popularity. Dancing Astronaut has it Read more
- Top 20 DJs For 2014 – Mixmag shortlists its 20 best jocks in dance music this year Read more
Want to comment on any of the pieces in this roundup? Got your own Sandstorm-themed Christmas display to share with us? Feel free to do so in the comments section below.