In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out snaps of your favourite DJs doing everyday stuff, take a look at the brand new Beatport streaming site, and find out the number one reason why buying fake likes and followers sabotages your social media efforts in the long run. They’re all here in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend ahead, folks!
- Ever Wondered What DJs Do During The Day? – Those festival demi-gods and DJ superstars raking in huge chunks of change? They’re human, too. Kind of. Check out this collection of photos of DJs doing non-DJ stuff over at Mixmag Read more
- Take A Look At The New Beatport – Beatport relaunched itself as a free music streaming service just this past week. It’s in beta, so if you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, Decoded Magazine has a piece for you Read more
- Review: Gemini Slate 4 – Gemini’s first ever Serato DJ controllers have hit the market, and DJ Worx has done a review of one of them Read more
- When Is A Remix A Remix? – Are adding congas and a sax loop on top of a track enough to call it a “remix”? Decoded Magazine asks the tough questions in this great read that every budding DJ/producer should check out (hint: Leave the sax loops in your Recycle Bin) Read more
- Make Your Own Edits With Serato Flip – You don’t need a DAW to do track edits if you’re running Serato DJ. DJ Techtools shows you how to do it with the Serato Flip add-on Read more
- The One Reason You Should Never Buy Likes – Think paying a few bucks to boost likes, followers, and plays on Facebook is a cheap, fast way to look popular? Think again. DIY Musician points out why doing this actually hurts your reach Read more
- “Were You Pressing, Or Were You Pushing!“ – Check out the latest EDM parody, this time involving the movie Whiplash (a brilliant film, if you haven’t seen it yet) Read more
- Dance Music’s Real 30 Under 30 – Trust THUMP to identify the true movers and shakers in EDM! Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in this roundup in the comments section below.