In this week’s Friday Roundup, learn why connecting with folks in the industry and your local scene is better for your DJ career than holing up with a 100mbps internet connection. Also check out some bits on how to get started Midi mapping in Traktor, and hear some of the world’s biggest dance acts recall the weirdest things they’ve seen from the DJ booth. It’s all here in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Happy weekend!
- Escaping The Social Media Bubble – Career success is built on relationships with people, not Facebook likes. Check out how being active (and helpful) in your local scene and DJ industry makes for a healthy career, courtesy of Mixmag Read more
- Why You Should Say “No” More – Not enough time for all the things you want in your life as a DJ? Do other “passion projects” lead to gig neglect? You may be saying yes too often! DIY Musician tells why it’s hurting you Read more
- 1.1 Billion Youth At Risk For Hearing Loss – You may want to turn those headphones down: According to the World Health Organisation, over a billion young people may suffer from hearing loss later on in life. Mixmag has the piece Read more
- Start Midi Mapping In Traktor – DJ Techtools guides us into the often complex and confusing world of Midi mapping Read more
- What’s The Grossest Thing You’ve Seen In A Club? – These dance heavyweights have most probably seen it all, and that makes them ideal candidates for this question and answer video from inthemix Watch it
- Is This The Next Ibiza? – The White Island may soon have a close rival, and it’s completely man-made from the ground up. Decoded Magazine has the scoop Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below