In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an article about a veteran DJ’s life lessons on the business and art of DJing, a close look at Traktor’s new Traktor Kontrol D2 controller, and some Pioneer CDJ tips and tricks to use in your next club gig. They’re all here in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- 3 DJ Truths To Live By – Jesse Saunders is a Chicago house legend, and in this article by Medium he shares what he’s learned so far in his 30-year career Read more
- Laidback Luke Wants You To Play Other Songs – In this Dancefair talk, the Dutchman tells you why you shouldn’t be content with just playing the hits Watch it
- 3 Ways Underground Dance Music Can Be Full Of It – The underground versus mainstream debate rages on, but should there really be one in the first place? Crossfadr shares its views on the divide Read more
- Endo Explores The Traktor Kontrol D2 – Dubspot instructor Endo takes a look at Native’s new modular controller and how it serves as the foundation for a new Traktor workflow. Check out the Dubspot blog Read more
- Learn How To Use Beat Jump – The latest version of Serato DJ has a new feature that lets you skip along a track without missing a beat. The Serato Blog has it Read more
- Pioneer CDJ Tips & Tricks – DJ Techtools enlisted CDJ wizards DJ Ravine & Cotts to give you a couple of neat tricks to pull off on the club-standard decks Read more
- DJ Shiftee Gets Dirty On The Traktor Kontrol S8 – See how Native Instruments’ flagship controller fits into a turntablist’s set-up. One of the most creative routines we’ve seen in a long time Watch it
- Bluetooth Disc Lets You Spin MP3s On A Turntable – This device converts MP3s into record grooves your turntable can recognise. Also quite possibly the most existential question ever posed about hipsters and vinyl. Check it out at Consequence Of Sound Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below.