In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an article on how to go about playing those epic 12 hour sets the likes of Sasha and Danny Tenaglia are famous for, some music-making tools that only require your web browser, and seven cool ways to use Serato Flip during a gig. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. The weekend has landed!
- How To Play The Perfect Marathon DJ Set – Playing music for over 10 hours is a unique privilege that tests a DJ’s physical, mental, and musical endurance. Learn what it entails to work a double-digit DJ set in this Mixmag article Read more
- How Do You Define DJing? – Are you only a DJ if you use CDJs, vinyl, or controllers? Is jumping around and getting on a rubber raft thrown to a crowd still considered a part of DJing? XLR8R explores what it really means to be on the 1s and 2s Read more
- Four Legendary Drum Machines Revisited – Learn the history behind some of electronic dance music’s most popular drum machines long before DAWs were born. Reverb has it Read more
- 25 Parties That Changed Dance Music Forever – These monumental events altered and defined dance music for generations that followed. Mixmag has the full list Read more
- Frankfurt Has A Techno Museum – Check out the first public museum dedicated to electronic music and the instruments used to make it. Decoded Magazine has the story Read more
- 10 Free Music Production Tools – You don’t need any extra software or plug-ins to make these run; all that’s needed is the web browser you’re using right now. Dubspot has it Read more
- 7 Ways To Use Serato Flip – Has Serato’s Flip function still got you scratching your head? DJ Techtools has come up with a list of practical uses for the new feature Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the comments below.