In this week’s Friday Roundup, find out which DJs are still going hard as they push past “the big five-o”, learn what it truly means to be successful as a music artist (DJs love music just the same as musicians, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!), and get tips on keeping your mixer levels out of the red. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Happy weekend!
- Top 12 DJs Over 50 – Pulse Radio lists the greatest jocks in the world who prove day in and day out that age is just a number in our industry Read more
- Hardwell On Fake Artists And Haters – DJ Mag’s number one DJ talks about the harsh realities that a multi-million dollar industry naturally brings. YourEDM has the piece Read more
- Music Streaming Killed Downloads – Thanks to services like Spotify, streaming’s quickly becoming the next big business model for the music industry, and it’s killing the MP3 download as we know it. BGR has the story Read more
- How To Avoid Redlining In Your Sets – Mojaxx from DJ City gives some tips on how to stay out of the red during your next performance Watch it
- What It Really Means To Be A Successful Musician – Hint: It’s not about how many private jets you have, how many zeroes you can spot in your next fees cheque, or even how many tunes you’ve got in the Beatport Top 100. DIY Musician muses on the answer Read more
Who would you pick to be in your top 12 above 50? Do you agree with DIY Musician’s definition of success? Feel free to comment on any of the articles above.