In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a list of some of the best movies on dance culture that you need to watch in your lifetime, some practical music production tips for DJ/producers of all levels, and a look at what it’s like to take your kids along on your next big festival. All these and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. The weekend has landed!
- 15 Dance Music Films You Should Watch – From cult movies like Go to documentaries like The Summer Of Rave and Don’t Think, Mixmag lists 15 flicks to catch instead of counting down the days to We Are Your Friends Read more
- The Crackdown On EDM – Boiler Room draws parallels between EDM’s meteoric rise to fame and the Disco Sucks movement that brought 70s dance music in America down to a fiery conclusion Read more
- 7 DJs on 7 Life-Changing Ibiza Sets – Today’s dance music luminaries shine the light on their DJ heroes and the sets they played that altered the course of their lives. Mixmag has it Read more
- 12 Simple Production Hacks – inthemix lists these fundamental production tips that are helpful regardless of your experience Read more
- Get Your Music Out Of Your Bedroom – Got a bunch of productions lying around in your laptop’s hard drive? Get a kick in the pants with this list of tips from DIY Musician Read more
- Mixfader Hits Kickstarter – The first Bluetooth crossfader for digital DJs is now on Kickstarter. DJ Worx has the story Read more
- This is What It’s Like to Take Your Children to Music Festivals – THUMP shows what it’s like to bring the kids to dance festival Lightning In A Bottle Read more
- Mr Roger’s Introduces Kids To Electronic Music – Remember Mr Roger’s Neighborhood on TV? Remember when he had one of the best electronic music composers and analogue synth wizards of the 20th century as a guest? Wait, what…? Open Culture takes us back Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.