In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out 12 awesome albums from 1995 that can still kill it on today’s dancefloors, find out what the most Shazamed tracks are from this year’s Tomorrowland festival, and test how well you can keep time in a beat keeping browser game. All these and more in our weekly muster of DJ news. Have a great weekend everyone!
- 12 Albums From 1995 That Will Still Blow You Away – Rewind with these great tunes that got us feeling nostalgic here at Digital DJ Tips. They’ve got cuts so killer you’ll want to drop them in your next DJ set as a throwback! Thump has the list Read more
- 10 Most Shazamed Tracks Of Tomorrowland 2015 – Fast forward to the present with the most popular dance tracks from the recently concluded Belgian megafest. Are people’s tastes in mainstream dance changing? inthemix has the list Read more
- Things Learned From Analysing The Beatport Top 100 – Check out this in-depth look at what makes a chart-topping dance track over at Beatport, and get some ideas for your next production! It’s over at EDMProd Read more
- SoundCloud Will Offer Paid Subscriptions – More news from the SoundCloud front, this time they’re offering a two-tier subscription service to customers who don’t want to hear ads. Mixmag has the story Read more
- How To Run An Electronic Music Festival – Organise, promote, and your curate your own dance music festival with these tips from The Fader Read more
- Easily Hook Up CDJs To Serato DJ – You don’t need to use timecode CDs if you hook up a pair of CDJs to your laptop via HID mode. The Serato Blog shows you how to do it Read more
- I Asked My Mum To Review This Month’s Best Dance Tracks – Thump writer Angus Harrison asked his mother to review some of the staff’s favourite tracks as of late. Going to try this with my mum over Sunday brunch (if I wake up) Read more
- Watch Steve Aoki And David Guetta Drop Some Silly Remixes – It got a bit weird over the weekend, unless you don’t classify dancing to “If You’re Happy And You Know It” and Titanic theme song as weird. inthemix has it Watch it
- How Good Are You At Keeping Time? – Check out this metronome-tapping game to see how well you can stick to a 120bpm tempo. The Looploft has it Read more
What score did you get? Did you think the Aoki / Guetta remixes were as bad as some think they were? Let us know your thoughts on these articles in the section below.