In this week’s Friday Roundup, check out Mojaxx’s video review of Denon DJ’s brand new DS1 digital vinyl system interface, some practical music production tips, and a crash course in Italo-Disco. All these and more in our weekly muster of news from around the DJ web. Have a great weekend!
- Denon DJ DS1 Serato DVS Interface Reviewed – Mojaxx over at DJ City takes Denon DJ’s Serato DJ DVS box for a video spin Watch it
- This Is How People Discover Music Now – Check out this infographic at Noiseporn that shows how folk are being introduced to new artists these days Read more
- 16 Simple Production Hacks – If you’ve been trying to produce your own tunes and remixes, check out these quick tips to improve your music, creativity, and production workflow. inthemix has it Read more
- Are Festivals Detrimental To Dance Music? – Attack Magazine takes a look at the negative effects that festival culture allegedly has on modern dance music Read more
- Documentary On Female DJs Seeks Crowdfunding – Girl is an independent film about influential female DJs, and it’s seeking funding through IndieGogo. Dancing Astronaut has the story Read more
- Bluffer’s Guide To Italo-Disco – Behind the genre’s thick moustaches and big hair is an undeniably infectious groove and charming production kitsch that can be heard in some synth-heavy music to this day. Thump gives the crash course Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.