In this week’s Friday Roundup, find out the stories behind the artist names of this generation’s top DJs, win a DJ backpack, check out the hottest tracks in Ibiza right now, and take a look at a bedroom DJ/producer desk for tight spaces. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend, folks!
- How Your Favourite DJs Got Their Names – A lot of DJs use their real names (eg Steve Aoki, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren), but for those that don’t, ever wondered how they came up with them? Mixmag has the list Read more
- Win A Namba DJ Backpack – Courtesy of our friends at Namba Gear, your last chance to win a cool DJ backpack in this prize draw (closes tomorrow) Enter here
- Is Bad EDM Good For Dance Culture? – As the EDM backlash continues, is there a silver lining behind all the cheese and “bad” music? Thump asks a bunch of DJs Read more
- Free Controller Scratch Training For All Readers – Take some time this weekend to follow this free course from Digital DJ Tips, here for one week only Take the course
- 10 Most Shazamed Tracks In Ibiza – Add these top 10 tunes from the White Isle to inject some sun, sand, and surf into your DJ sets. inthemix has the rundown Read more
- Weekend Project: DJ/Producer Desk – Check out this bedroom studio table that stores CDJs, turntables, and even some controllers. Cop the look over at Under The Sound Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below.