We’ve got a busy three days ahead here at the BPM Show, but it’s never a proper start to the weekend without our Friday Roundup. This week we’ve got drum ‘n bass legend Goldie and new school heroes Rudimental speak against the trend of pre-recorded, “hands in the air” DJ sets during festivals, we check out a new online mix streaming platform, and we get the skinny on UK Garage. All these stories and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web!
- Goldie & Rudimental Take A Swipe At Pre-Recorded Sets – Faking a DJ set isn’t anything new for some EDM stars, and that’s not sitting right with dance legend Goldie and the boys of Rudimental. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Stream Your DJ Sets With Evermix – A new streaming platform and hardware tandem want to take your DJ sets up to the cloud and straight to your fans. DJ Mag has the story Read more
- Who Did Disclosure Steal Their Sound From? – Let’s tag Keisza, Clean Bandit, and Jess Glynne while we’re at it! The answer may (or may not) surprise you… The Guardian has it Read more
- Spotify Is The New BFF Of Music Snobs – Spotify’s new “Found Them First” service is the social media equivalent of flaunting your taste. You can now back up your tune discovery claims with hard facts! Find out more at Magnetic Magazine Read more
- The Weirdest Things You Can Do After Dark In Berlin – Planning a trip to the techno capital of the world? Here’s an itinerary for the nocturnal adventurer from inthemix Read more
- Producers On The Roland TR-909 Drum Machine – It’s been used on countless records through the decades, and dance luminaries like Andy Caldwell, DJ Sneak, and Demuir pay homage to it in this article from BigShot Read more
- UK Garage: A Primer – A lot of today’s “deep house” comes from this late 90s / early 2000s genre. Thump has it, along with the full playlist Read more
Go ahead and comment on any of the articles in the section below.