In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a Z-Trip masterclass on being unique, a rundown of dance music’s most iconic clubs that you should know about, a short guide on how to get better sound in your DJ bedroom studio, and a look at what DAWs (digital audio workstations) looked like near the turn of the century. All that and so much more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Z-Trip On Being Unique & Developing Your Style – Turntablism luminary Z-Trip gets personal and shares his insights on how to be unique and how to develop your own style. Accidental Creative has the interview Read more
- 10 Clubs That Changed The World Of Dance Music – Get a grip on essential dance music history by learning about the clubs that shaped the scene forever. inthemix has it Read more
- AmpMe Lets You Link Phones To Create One Massive Speaker – Here’s a cool app to bring to your next party because it lets you link up any number of mobile phones to create one giant speaker! Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Has The US Forgotten Its Dance Roots? – With EDM still huge in America, has it left its techno and house roots behind? Magnetic Magazine explores Read more
- 10 Most Played Tracks In TomorrowWorld – Thump compiled a list of the most dropped tunes this past weekend at TomorrowWorld, which ended in a rather chaotic way due to weather Read more
- Get Better Sound In Your Home Studio Now – Here’s a handy infographic by Music Think Tank on how to get your bedroom studio sounding its best Read more
- DJ Player Pro Does Stems – The upcoming DJ Player Pro app for iOS comes with Stems support baked in, as shown in the teaser video over at DJ Worx Watch it
- Bluffer’s Guide To Synthesis – Wanted to know what a synth does, but was too afraid to ask? Here’s your synthesis 101 training courtesy of Musictech Read more
- Disclosure And Dance Music Beyond The Club – You may be surprised to know that UK duo Disclosure don’t classify themselves as “dance”. Thump explains why they’re right (and why it doesn’t really matter) Read more
- Watch Carl Cox Spin On Three Decks In ’97 – Check out the maestro effortlessly command three decks close to two decades ago. Mixmag has it Watch it
- DAW Throwback – Digital Audio Workstations are graphically slick pieces of software, so it’s cool to see what some of today’s biggest apps used to look like “back in the day”. Thump takes us back Read more
We’d love to hear your thoughts on any of these articles in the comments below.