In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an nice article on how to become the best warm up DJ you can be (everyone does this at some point in their career), a list of the 10 best audio interfaces for DJ/producers out there today, and we find out what happens when 40 DJs get together to form a scratch circle. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- 5 Steps To Master The Art of The Warm Up – The idea of a warm up DJ may be lost in the current EDM climate, but don’t believe for a second that you’ll never have to do it – it’s part of earning your stripes as a DJ. Learn more in this piece by Decoded Magazine Read more
- DJ/Producers Tackle Stems – Native Instruments’ latest multi-track file format has received acclaim and criticism. Find out two key opposing views in this interview by DJ Mag Read more
- 6 Free Sample Packs Every Producer Needs – Whether you’re just starting on your production journey or you’ve been making music already, these sample packs are essential downloads and won’t cost you a single cent. The LANDR Blog has the list Read more
- 10 Top Audio Interfaces – Check out 10 of the best interfaces whether you’re a bedroom producer on a shoestring budget or you’ve got cash to burn. Attack Magazine has it Read more
- Getting The Most Out Of Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link – Mojaxx from DJ City shows us how to set up and optimise the Pro DJ Link feature found on Pioneer DJM mixers at clubs Watch it
- 40 Of The World’s Best Scratch DJs Do One Epic Routine – See what happens when you put 40 of the world’s best scratch DJs in one room. inthemix has it Watch it
- Do Good Artists Steal? – Plagiarism is rampant in dance music, and arguably a lot of tunes in the Beatport Top 100 sound the same. So it begs the question – do good artists copy? Attack Magazine explores Read more
Comment on any of the articles above in the section below.