In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an interview with the gentleman of dance music Carl Cox and some of his learnings from three decades’ worth of DJing, a piece on where to look for spooky tunes this Halloween, and you can watch a video clip of just about every Boiler Room performance from the last five years. Have a safe weekend, folks!
- Carl Cox: Learnings From A Lifetime Of DJing – in this interview with inthemix, learn what’s kept Carl Cox going after three decades of spinning and what he plans to do in the next phase of his career Read more
- Get Halloween Tunes For Your DJ Set – DJ Techtools has a piece on finding music online for just about any holiday that comes your way Read more
- The History Of Electronic Music, Mapped – check out this art print that intricately maps the entire history of electronic music in the form of a blueprint schematic. You can buy one for your DJ studio, too! Wired has it Read more
- Make Your Own Midi Controller This Weekend – DIY your very own Midi controller courtesy of these cost-effective fader and button kits from Livid Industry. Magnetic Magazine has it Read more
- Learn How To Remap Your Serato Hardware – the latest Serato DJ update comes with the ability to map your DJ controller the way you want it inside Serato DJ. Check out how it works over at the Serato Blog Read more
- Watch The Beginnings Of Liverpool’s Dance Scene – catch this mini-documentary on the rise of clubbing in Liverpool, including the early days of legendary dance brand Cream. Liverpool Echo has it Read more
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide To Synths – If you’ve got no clue how synths work or how electronic sounds are made, we’ve got the primer for you right here. Gizmodo has it Read more
- Watch This Mash-Up Of Every Boiler Room Ever – the world’s most popular underground dance music broadcast is celebrating its fifth year, and it’s stitched together this video of just about every Boiler Room session. Thump has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.