In this week’s Friday Roundup there’s a “genre” feel, with a refresher on the “deep house” sound and a nice article on dub techno, too. Also an exploration of what it means to be a DJ today, and much more! All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web.
- What Is Deep House? – Lots of “post-EDM” producers these days style themselves as deep house, but what did deep house really sound like back when it started in the 90s? Magnetic Magazine has it Read more
- What Does It Mean To Be A “DJ” In 2015? – People think that DJing is easy thanks to software and Sync, but what does it take to be a “good” DJ? Magnetic Magazine explores Read more
- Bluffer’s Guide To Dub Techno – If you’ve been curious as to what dub techno really is, here’s all you need to know about it. Thump has the story Read more
- Dance Music Sub-Genres Mapped – Find out the genealogy of modern dance music in this handy reference map from Magnetic Magazine Read more
- Meet The Miniscule of Sound: The World’s Smallest Nightclub – Check out this roving club that features a DJ booth, coat check room, bar and dancefloor crammed into a tiny 2.8sqm space! Thump has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.