In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an ambush interview of Pete Tong right before he goes onstage at this year’s BPM festival, a first-hand look at the new streaming service within Serato DJ, and a video of some next-gen, next level, 2-D printed CDJs. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- We Asked Pete Tong Every Question We Could Think Of Right Before He Went On Stage – Thump gets Pete Tong in front of its lens minutes before he takes on BPM 2016 Read more
- Stop Hating On Music Festivals – With UK nightclub culture in a slump and bars closing across England, are large scale outdoor festivals to blame? Decoded Magazine says we should stop pointing fingers Read more
- The Early History Of The Turntable – Check out this phonograph retrospective over at DJ Techtools Read more
- My First 60 Minutes With Serato 1.9 & Pulselocker – DJ Worx gave the latest build of Serato DJ a spin, which includes the first music streaming service that you can legally DJ with Read more
- Mount A Crossfader On Your Turntable – DJ Woody has come up with an adapter that lets you connect a portable crossfader to your deck’s pitch fader, making toneplay that much simpler. Check it out at the DJ Woody website Read more
- Ultra-Low Cost, Artisanal, Reduced Carbon Footprint, Gluten-Free CDJ Revealed – Also plays any song you can think of, instantly! Watch it
Comment on any of the articles above in the section below.