In this week’s Friday Roundup, get a taste of what dance music was like leading up to the early 90s, learn how your brain reacts to music, and also get a look at how Prince shaped club music according to DJ Mag. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news. Have a great weekend!
- The Roots Of Modern Dance Music Culture – DJ Mag is celebrating its 25th year in the business, and it’s come up with a crash course in dance and club culture leading up to its birth in 1991 Read more
- 6 Most Pressing Issues In The Dance Industry Today – Check out this article to get up to speed on what Dancing Astronaut thinks are the most pertinent matters in our industry Read more
- How Does Music Affect The Brain? – Watch this short video to learn how music affects your brain (hint: it’s a bit like food and sex. Surely a good thing!) Life Noggin has the video Watch it
- History Of The Turntable, Part 2 – DJ Techtools shines a light on radio DJs in the early 20th century leading up to the present Read more
- Are You Too Old To Succeed? – The media loves stories about twenty-something billionaires, so if you’re still broke in your thirties does that mean it’s too late for you to win in life? DIY Musician thinks you can get success at any age Read more
- 8 Ways Prince Shaped Dance Music – Not only was Prince an awesome guitarist, he was an exceptional producer in the studio as well. DJ Mag lists why The Purple One is such a huge influence in dance Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.