In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got news on the LP resurgence and the new generation of vinyl junkies who buy them but don’t even listen to them, an interview with Sasha ahead of his Coachella performance this weekend in the US, and sales news on that overpriced Technics. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Music Streaming Boosts Sales Of Vinyl – A study suggests that half of today’s generation of vinyl lovers buy records but never even play them (some don’t even own a turntable). What’s behind this irrational behaviour? The BBC has it Read more
- Sasha Opens Up About Anxiety – The first “superstar DJ” talks about dance music godhood and anxiety. If it happens to him behind the decks, what about the rest of us mere mortals? It’s over at The Guardian Read more
- New Technics SL-1200 Sold Out – The brand new US$3300 turntables sold out in Japan in just under an hour. Fact Mag has it Read more
- Which Music Streaming Service Is For You? – Magnetic Magazine gives the lowdown on all the top music streaming sites to help you decide which you should spend your hard earned cash on Read more
- Mixxx 2.0 Reviewed – Our friends at DJ Worx takes a quick look at the latest version of this free DJ app Read more
Do comment on any of the articles in the section below.