First up, just to let you know that our Digital DJ Masterclass 2016 full online training programme is now on sale, there are limited places available so check out this video to get all the information on the course and how it can help you move your DJing to the next level.
In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a DJ routine that’s spreading like wildfire on Facebook (and there aren’t any decks in sight!), a piece on what it’s like to do a 10-hour set, and an article that asks if there’s such a thing as a “maximum rave age”. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- DJ Juicy M’s iPad Pro Routine – Check out the performance vid that’s got social media buzzing. DJ Worx has it Read more
- The Bubble Has Burst: EDM’s Life Outlined – With news of Avicii retiring and mega-festival attendance on a decline, dance music is moving on from EDM. Check out the timeline by Pitchfork Read more
- Do Controllers Make You Look Amateur? – Magnetic Magazine published a story on why it thinks club owners and promoters “look down” on DJs who don’t use CDJs. We disagree 100% Read more
- I Played A 10-Hour Set & Learned The True Meaning Of DJing – Check out this Thump interview with DJ Patrick Russell following his marathon performance Read more
- 3 Techniques For Using DJM-900NXS2’s EQ-Based Effects – DJ Techtools has some tips for using Pioneer DJ’s latest four-channel mixer Read more
- How Old Is Too Old To Keep Clubbing? – Decoded Magazine asks the question we’re sort of trying not to ask ourselves. Time to face the music! Read more
- 10 DJ Mixes For The Workplace – Stop procrastinating and get things done with these tunes in the background. Thump has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.