In this week’s Friday Roundup we’ve got two pieces on Beatport that to our mind highlight bigger changes happening in the world of DJ music downloads. We’ve also got a documentary on the rise of underground raves in the UK, as well as how to stand out in an ever growing sea of “me-too” DJs. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Here’s How To Save Beatport – The company’s founder and former CEO has some ideas on how Beatport can improve and turn itself around, many of which could apply to online music for DJs in general. Magnetic Magazine has it Read more
- Beatport’s State Of Play – Beatport lays out its roadmap for the near future. Resident Advisor has the exclusive Read more
- 10 Best Vocal House Tracks Ever – Thump compiled a list of what it thinks are the top 10 most legendary vocal house tunes to date Read more
- The Rise & Fall Of UK Garage – Check out the history and ongoing revival of this well-loved club genre from the turn of the millennium. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Dillon Francis Launches DJ Reality Show – Is he for real? See the producer maestro as you’ve never seen him before. UKF has it Read more
- 10 Most Influential Synths Ever – You’ve heard at least half of the synths here at one point in your life, serious! Soundfly has it Read more
- Locked Down Is A Movie About Raving Outside Clubs – Watch Vice’s new documentary on the renaissance of illegal raves in the UK Read more
- How To Stand Out From The Crowd – DJ Techtools has a piece on how to be a true original behind the decks Read more
- DJ Nu-Mark Spins on 3″ Vinyl – Turntable platters and vinyl are getting tinier: check out maestro DJ Nu-mark scratch on three inches (kind of like controller jogwheels from before, don’t you think?). DJ Worx has it Read more
Comment on the articles in the section below.