In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an article that claims Apple is looking to eliminate music downloads in the very near future. We’ve also got reads on how to do a live video stream of your DJ sets, along with an opinion piece on whether the art of DJing has diminished because it’s got “easy”. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Apple To Terminate Music Downloads “Within Two Years”? – Is Apple in the process of abandoning downloads on the iTunes Store? Digital Music News thinks so Read more
- Mixed In Key Launches Odesi Chords For iOS – The Odesi music composition app makes its way to your iPhone and iPad for song sketching on the go Read more
- “DJing Shouldn’t Be Easy” – Resident Advisor thinks technology like sync is making laziness acceptable in the DJ booth. Do you agree or disagree? Read more
- Why Beatport Streaming Failed – Check out this piece by 5 Magazine on why it thinks Beatport’s dance music streaming service went kaput Read more
- Why You Should Clean Your Control Vinyl – Mojaxx over at DJ City explains why cleaning your timecode records is essential, and then shows how to properly clean them. It’s at the Serato Blog Read more
- How To Do Live Video Streams Of Your DJ Sets – Check out this guide by DJ Techtools on live streaming your performance via Periscope and Facebook Live Read more
- Step Inside Deadmau5’s New Studio – The outspoken dance music maestro’s just placed the finishing touches in his new production nest, and it’s mighty impressive. Pilchner-Schoustal has the photos Read more
- This Is What Raving Looked Like In The 90s – Can you spot your favourite DJs in these old rave photos? Dancing Astronaut has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.