In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve picked out an interview with Kenny Summit, better known as the club owner who banned laptops and controllers in the DJ booth of his club. We’ve also got a demo of the new Numark NVII by DJ Shortee as well as electronic stalwart Moby’s personal “worst gig ever”. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Kenny Summit Speaks Up About No Laptop Policy – That escalated quickly. Club owner Kenny Summit explains his side in this one on one exclusive with Magnetic Magazine Read more
- Are DJs Switching Back To Hardware? – Will we see a renaissance of DJs using club gear and ditching their laptops instead of bringing their own controllers? DJ Techtools explores Read more
- DJ Shortee On The Numark NVII – Check out this in-depth demo of the brand new Numark NVII Serato DJ controller. It’s over at the Serato Blog Read more
- Moby’s Ultimate DJ Disaster – DJ/producer legend Moby recounts the gig that almost cost him his life. Inthemix has it Read more
- How To Fix Beatport? Make Money – Here’s how dance publication 5Chicago thinks Beatport can pull itself together Read more
- Can You Get Into Berghain? – Finally, the ultimate test to know if you’ve got enough cred to step inside this Berlin club’s hallowed halls. No more queuing only to be refused by Sven: get rejected without having to leave home! Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.