In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a feature by the Red Bull Music Academy on the dance music mixtape, once the most powerful weapon in a DJ’s marketing and promotions arsenal. We’ve also got a tone play and cue juggle tutorial, and some tips on improving your social media ninja skills. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a safe weekend!
- The Rise & Fall Of The Mixtape – Red Bull Music Academy examines the history of the dance music mixtape and explores its relevance in today’s music streaming reality Read more
- Greg Wilson’s Discotheque Archive – In this third instalment, electro-funk pioneer Greg Wilson takes a look at DJ Kool Herc, among other dance music icons from the 70s. DJ Mag has it Read more
- How To Midi-Map Cue Points For Toneplay – Check out this tutorial from DJ Techtools for some creative cue juggling Read more
- 10 Reasons Musicians Fail On Social Media – Not crushing it on Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat? You may be committing one of these mistakes. Bandzoogle has it Read more
- SoundCloud Adds Suggested Tracks Feature, Disables Track Art – Updates to SoundCloud are on their way in the wake of Twitter buying a stake in the company. Check out what the changes are in this article by YourEDM Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.