In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got what Thump thinks is the ultimate list of the most ridiculous DJ names of all time (I know a few that should be on it). We’ve also got a look at why caffeine could be hindering your hearing recovery after a night out, and a guide on leveraging e-mail for building a fanbase. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a safe weekend!
- The Definitive List Of The Worst DJ Names Of All Time – Think you’ve got a lame DJ name? Take heart – I’m pretty sure it’s not as bad as any on this Thump list Read more
- Is Coffee Bad For Your Ears? – You read right: startling new evidence suggests that having a cup after a night out hinders your hearing recovery. Consequence Of Sound has it Read more
- The Complete Guide To E-Mail Marketing – Despite social media being in the spotlight, e-mail remains a safe bet, especially in the long run. Music Think Tank has it Read more
- When DJing Becomes A Mental Health Issue – The stress of touring brings with it mental and alcohol / substance abuse concerns, and it’s time to have a talk about them, says Thump Read more
- Music Downloads Are At Their Lowest – Is the music download dead? The downward trend in MP3 sales suggests that the average consumer has all but abandoned the format in favour of streaming. Digital Music News has it Read more
- Virtual Reality Music Production Is Here – Produce your next banger completely in an app called SoundStage. Check it out over at Dancing Astronaut Read more
- The Record Store Experience Must Live On In Digital – How can apps and online stores replicate the community, vibe, and experience of shopping at a record store? Digital Music News has some suggestions Read more
Have a bad DJ name to share? What’s the worst you’ve come across? Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.