In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’re leading with a feature that has a list of do’s and don’ts for DJs when it comes to getting booked by promoters. We’ve also got a look at the portable turntablism craze that’s popping up online, along with a piece on a new music upload and streaming service that another website thinks could be the next SoundCloud. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- How Do You Get Promoters To Book You? – inthemix asks six club and event promoters what qualities they look for (and avoid) in a DJ Read more
- Why Clubs Are Crucial In Dance Culture – How do clubs contribute to, shape, and support dance music long after mainstream attention and success have waned? Billboard explores Read more
- Portablism 101: A Primer – DJ Techtools investigates the portable turntablism trend that’s slowly growing a cult following Read more
- Why I’ll Never Be A Ghost Producer – Does producing chart toppers for the big names hurt or help dance music? A songwriter / producer shares his thoughts on Medium Read more
- What Happens On Tour, Stays On Tour – Magnetic Magazine gives us a behind the scenes peek at the touring lives of the world’s biggest DJs and producers Read more
- How Is SoundCloud Evolving? – Love it or hate it, SoundCloud continues to be a platform that producers use to share their music. Check out how the beleaguered service continues to evolve. It’s over at Create Digital Music Read more
- Is This The Next SoundCloud? – New music site Orfium just launched, and is set to rival streaming and download sites like SoundCloud and Bandcamp. With so many others like it, what makes Orfium different? Find out in this piece by Attack Magazine Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below.