In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a feature that weighs in on pre-planning a DJ set, as bass house DJ Jauz shares his thoughts following a festival performance where his set wasn’t transferred to a USB drive. We’ve also got a look at the new Pioneer DJ Toraiz SP-16 sampler, and a web-based 808 drum machine that you can mess around with. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Should You Pre-Plan Your DJ Sets? – Is pre-planning a DJ set better than creating one from scratch during the performance itself? DJ City has it Read more
- Deadmau5’s Advice To Producers – The outspoken electronic music maestro dishes out top tips for music makers. DJ Mag has it Read more
- What’s Behind Tiga’s DJ Philosophy? – Respected DJ/producer Tiga shares his thoughts and beliefs on DJing as an art form, and how it differs from a live music performance. Soundwall has it Read more
- How Pioneer’s Toraiz SP-16 Sampler/Sequencer Works – DJ Techtools gives an overview of Pioneer DJ’s brand new hardware sampler meant for both live performance and studio production Read more
- iO-808 Is A Web-Based Drum Machine – Produce a beat entirely in your browser using this 808 drum machine web app Read more
- Try SoundSwitch With Serato DJ For Free – You can now download a trial of SoundSwitch, the app that lets you code lighting programmes to music files. It’s over at the Serato Blog Read more
- How To Legally Sample Music – Check out this article that goes into the basics of sampling without getting into copyright troubles. Tunecore has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.