In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a feature that takes a long, hard look at the 1/8″ headphone jack, and what personal music listening could be like moving past it. We’ve also got a piece on why UK club Fabric is so influential, a SoundCloud slip up that’s ticking off some users, and a rundown of the best fashion show DJ collaborations. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news.
- So, About Losing The iPhone Headphone Jack – Apple did away with the headphone socket in its new iPhone 7 models. Is this a sign of things to come? Pitchfork explores Read more
- Fabric: A Nightclub That Thrived By Taking Dance Music Seriously – Fabric was just permanently shuttered by the UK government. Find out why it was so important to English clubbing in this feature by The Guardian Read more
- The Roland 909 Drum Machine In Depth – Read up on the history and legacy of the Roland TR-909 drum machine in this piece by the Red Bull Music Academy Read more
- SoundCloud Leaked Private Tracks By Accident – Someone over at SoundCloud HQ messed up and set the private tracks of some users public. DJ Mag has it Read more
- The Making Of The Technics SL-1200 – Watch how the new Technics SL-1200 turntable is put together in this piece by DJ Worx Read more
- Top 10 DJ-Fuelled Fashion Shows – Music adds an intangible emotional component to the runway. Check out these choice ramp shows picked by Mixmag Read more
- How To Make A DJ Content Marketing Strategy – Some tips by Music Think Tank on creating engaging material for your fans Read more
- You Can Now DJ In An Uber – Need a lift? Drop your favourite tunes using Spotify and Pandora on your next Uber ride. C|Net has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.