In this week’s Friday Roundup, we lead with a list of electronic dance music’s movers and shakers according to Billboard. We’ve also got a look at what it’s like to DJ at the biggest festival for the creative industry, along with a story on gear that had an accidental impact on electronic music as we know it today. These and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news. Have a great weekend!
- 2017’s Dance Music Power Players – Read on for the line-up of DJs, managers, labels, and trendsetters shaping the global dance industry according to Billboard Read more
- DJing The Cannes Lions Festival – How do you impress the biggest names in advertising and the creative industry? Adweek has it Read more
- What’s It Like DJing In A Hot Air Balloon? – Oliver Heldens takes to the skies, Denon DJ Prime Series in hand, for a special edition of his Heldeep Radio show. Your EDM has it Read more
- Dance Legend Takes Advice From David Guetta – Giorgio Moroder produced some of the greatest disco tunes in history, but only started DJing two years ago. You really can teach an old dog new tricks, as he shares his story in this piece by Billboard Read more
- Gear Flukes That Changed Electronic Music – Find out which kit produced happy sonic accidents in this piece by DJ Mag Read more
- 11 DJ Podcasts For DJs, By DJs – DJ Techtools lists podcasts that you may want to consider subscribing to Read more
- Chris Liebing’s Crowd Control Tips – The techno maestro shares his secrets to creating an atmosphere that your audience can lose themselves in. Mixmag has it Read more
- Why Ibiza Still Matters – The White Isle is legendary for its parties, but some say that it’s slowing down. 10 DJs share their thoughts on why Ibiza is still relevant in this piece by Mixmag Read more
- Real Scenes: London – Resident Advisor’s latest episode in its ongoing Real Scenes series focuses on the vibrant English capital Watch it
What are your thoughts on Billboard’s list of the most influential figures in dance music? Who should be included? Who shouldn’t be in it? Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.