In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’re leading with a video of former DJ Mag Top 100 winner Hardwell as he runs down his top 17 tips for achieving success in today’s hyperconnected, social media-savvy DJ industry. We’ve also got some travel tips by DJ/producer extraordinaire Diplo, and a deep dive into how your cables can affect your sound. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web.
- Hardwell Reveals Secrets To His Success – You don’t become the number one DJ in the world by being a slouch and going on Netflix binges. Hardwell explains just how hard he works in this video from TNW Watch it
- DJ Travel Advice From Diplo – The Grammy Award-winning producer shares what it’s like when he goes on tour. It’s over at GQ Read more
- Is The Technics SL-1200GR Suitable For DJs? – Mojaxx at DJ City just reviewed the brand new, very expensive turntable from Technics Read more
- 50 Overlooked Dance Music Classics – Mixmag put together a Spotify playlist filled with disco, house and dance gems Read more
- A “Real DJ” Doesn’t Have To Play Vinyl – We’re glad to see that others are coming around to what we’ve always said. Check this piece out on LA Weekly Read more
- Is It Worth Buying Unbranded DJ Lighting? – Brian Redd discusses the crucial difference between branded DJ lights, and no-name ones straight from the factory Watch it
- Are Your Cables Changing Your Sound? – Find out how the cables you use can alter the way sound comes out of your speakers. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- Pac-Man Is Coming To Ableton Live – Time to gobble up those power pellets. Fact Mag has it Read more
- How Does A Turntable Work? – We disagree with the video saying that “nothing beats a vinyl record’s sound”, but it’s a good exploration of how a standard turntable operates. Science Channel has it Watch It
Comment on any of the articles above in the section below.