In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’re leading with a piece that lists the 10 best sites to get free tunes from according to the Digital Music News blog. We’ve also got a look at tinnitus and practical steps you can take to avoid further hearing loss, along with a deep interview with Tiësto. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news. Have a good weekend, folks!
- Top 10 Sites For Free Music – From Amazon Music to Soundclick and SoundCloud, this list from Digital Music News runs down the most popular free download sites Read more
- Is It OK To Copy Another DJ’s Setlist? – If all DJs played the same music, what makes one jock better than another? Mixmag explores Read more
- The DJ’s Guide To Tinnitus – Here’s what you can do about that ringing in your ears. Resident Advisor has it Read more
- Where Does Tiësto Dig For Tunes? – Get some tips and be inspired by one of the world’s biggest names in dance music in this Billboard interview Read more
- 11 Mixes That Can Improve Your DJing – Lock in, listen and learn from these technically proficient mixes over at Pitchfork Read more
- Do You Really Need All That Gear? – There are so many digital DJing options right now, but do you need to use all of them? DJ Worx wants to know Read more
- DJ Shiftee’s Routines Walkthrough – The turntable maestro breaks down his most recent scratch routines in this piece by DJ Techtools Read more
- Does A DJ Set Have To Be Perfect? – Is clinical precision more important than vibe? Find out in this piece by Mixmag Read more
- YouTube Is The New MTV – Music fans turn to YouTube not just for videos, but for curated music as well. Find out how the site’s biggest music channels are making bank in this piece by Billboard Read more
- Sony Will Open A Vinyl Factory – Record sales don’t seem to be slowing down, and that’s enough reason for one of the world’s remaining major labels to open a record pressing plant. The Guardian has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.