In this week’s Friday Roundup, we lead with an emotional post from DJ/producer Tiga following an “off” performance (we’ve all had ’em, right?), a look at a new breed of DJ visuals courtesy of Microsoft, and a primer on vinyl records and how they work. All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news. Have a great weekend!
- It’s Impossible To Play Perfect DJ Sets All The Time – Tiga penned this heartfelt note to his fans and fellow DJ/producers. Mixmag has it Read more
- DJ Visuals Using A Kinect Camera And Surface Books? – Microsoft technology runs under the hood of DJ Alison Wonderland’s latest tour. Engadget has it Read more
- Are Metronomes Destroying Music? – This piece by Quartz makes a case against the use of click tracks and perfection in modern music Read more
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Vinyl – Here’s a geeky and opinionated but conversation-starting history of vinyl over at Music Instrument Center Read more
- Spotify Killed The Loudness Wars – The streaming giant’s latest move lowered playback volumes across its 30 million-plus catalogue, and that’s a good thing. Motherboard has it Read more
- Etymotic Earplugs Reviewed – Save your hearing before it’s too late. Digital Music News takes these musician earplugs for a spin Read more
- Mixars Launches Duo Mark II – DJ Worx takes a look at the update to the original Mixars Duo scratch mixer that now has a Galileo Essential crossfader onboard Read more
- PB-MIX3 Mixer Reviewed – This pocket-sized mixer is the perfect heart of a tiny, modular DJ/producer synth set-up. Fact Mag has it Read more
- Laidback Luke On The DJ Mag Top 100 – EDM superstar Laidback Luke is no stranger to the DJ Mag Top 100, but he’s been vocal about his disdain for the chart. Find out why in this piece from Your EDM Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.