In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag where DJs pick out their favourite club and explain why. We’ve also got pieces from The Guardian, Billboard, Refinery 29 and Pitchfork. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 12 DJs On Their Favourite Clubs – This deep dive from Mixmag collects stories that paint vivid pictures of some of the most memorable club nights as told by a handful of DJs. Lots of tips and insights on how to put together a solid, memorable club night Read more
- 13 Dance Artists Who Dominated 2017 – Who were the biggest DJs, producers and artists in dance music this past year? Billboard rounds up its top 13 Read more
- 40 Newcomers To Look Out For In 2018 – The Guardian creates a list of who it thinks will be next year’s movers and shakers in dance and electronic music Read more
- 10 Best DJ Mixes Of 2017 – Check out this rundown of Pitchfork’s top 10 DJ mixes this year. Even though some of them may not be your musical cup of tea, there’s much to learn from these technically proficient mixes Read more
- Why Playing Music Is Good For You – You probably already know that playing a musical instrument keeps your mind sharp, especially as you get older. This piece by Refinery29 explains a couple more benefits Read more
Feel free to comment on any of these articles in the section below.