In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a feature by Music Business Worldwide that take a look at machine-produced music (it sounds better than you think) and how this could push dance music even further. We’ve also got pieces by Mixmag, Fact Magazine and Pitchfork. Have a good weekend ahead!
- Will Artificial Intelligence Replace DJ/Producers? – This past year saw the release of an AI produced album by artist SKYGGE, and it sounds like something you’d hear on pop radio and Spotify. Is this a sign of things to come, and if so should we fear or embrace this technology? Music Business Worldwide has it Read more
- Social Media’s Effects On Mental Health – This piece by Mixmag explores the negative effects that online hate and trolling have on DJs, leading some such as UK DJ/producer Ben Pearce to take a leave from touring and to do a social media cleanse Read more
- Where Are All the Female Music Producers? – Why are there so few female producers in all genres of recorded music? Billboard digs deep Read more
- 7 Music Technology Predictions For 2018 – From cryptocurrency music economies to SoundCloud and Spotify forecasts, Fact Magazine rounds up its DJ/producer tech predictions for this year Read more
- Why You Need To Play More Vocal House – Mixmag makes a strong, historical case for dropping tunes with vocals even if you tend to play darker, more instrumental-driven dance music Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.