In this week’s Friday Five, some great music, a TED Talk on why record collectors are so awesome, advice for getting signed to a DJ agency, and loads more. Read on, friends…
- Tracks That Will Save Any Set On Any Dancefloor – Here’s a cool Spotify playlist from Mixmag that all DJs should take notice of – there’s stone-cold classics in here for everyone from warehouse rave to wedding DJs (Click on the Mixmag logo in Spotify to go to all their playlists – there are some great further lists in there) Go to Spotify
- How record collectors find lost music and preserve our cultural heritage – Alexis Charpentier shares his love of records, and stories of how collectors have given forgotten music a second chance at being heard. Learn more in this TED talk Go to video
- Interview with legendary DJ Sasha– Dancing Astronaut caught up with Sasha amid an intensive studio session in preparation for his second round of re-Fracted shows in February 2018 at the iconic Barbican Centre Go to interview
- The greatest ever female rap tracks – ranked! – With Bronx rapper Cardi B’s debut album Invasion of Privacy dropping this week, the Guardian looks back at the greatest moments from the female rap stars who preceded her Go to article
- 5 Things DJ Agencies Looks For – BPM Supreme and SGM have teamed up for a six-part video series, with in-depth knowledge and valuable advice for ambitious DJs from professional booking agents and industry veterans Go to article & video
Have a great weekend!
Feel free to let us know your thoughts on these or any other DJ news fro the week in the comments below.