In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that rounds up awesome official Guinness world records in DJing. We’ve also got pieces from Dancing Astronaut, Futurism, Electronic Beats and Forbes. Have a great weekend ahead!
- The Guinness Book of World DJ Records – Mixmag pores into the latest edition of the Guinness Book Of World Records and pulls out 10 of the most noteworthy achievements in DJing Read the article
- Pop Music Is Growing Moodier – A study published in Associated Press claims that pop and chart music is increasingly becoming “sadder” and that there is a surge in upbeat dance tunes with female vocals. Dancing Astronaut has it Read the article
- Salt Can Save Your Hearing – Salt water is often used as a home remedy for wounds, but this piece from Futurism takes a look at how it can prevent hearing loss Read the article
- This DJ Produces Behind Bars – Check out this Georgian DJ/producer who turned his jail cell into a studio that he composes and releases music from. What’s your excuse? Electronic Beats has it Read the article
- The Next Big Disruption Of Music – This article from Forbes dives into the booming loops and samples industry and explores why this is the next frontier for music Read the article
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.